Saturday 23 August 2014

Searching for the perfect eyeliner

If there is one thing that I've shopped for more often than I would like to this year, it has got to be eyeliner. More specifically, felt tip pen eyeliners as those are my favorite ones to use. I like to create a slightly winged line, almost like a cat eye, for which I cannot use a pencil eyeliner. Also, other ones tend to disrupt my contact lenses.

About two years ago, I bought a felt tip pen eyeliner from Lancome and I happily used it for a rather long time (over one year). I feared the day it would run out (I am not even exaggerating) because it was perfect and I knew that Lancome stopped selling that particular one. It stayed black all day without any smudging and creating a smooth line with it was ridiculously easy. However, that dreaded day did come and I had to look for a new one. Having recently moved to London, I could not quite justify spending more than £20 on something that wasn't food, detergent, university books or the infamously expensive Oyster card. So Superdrug had to do.

I was very happy with my first one. I purchased the Bourjois Liner Feutre, which stayed black nearly all day with very little smudging. However, one day, after about two months, it just stopped working. It wasn't even lighter black or grey, it just stopped working.

And so came the second one. The L'Oréal - The Super Slim by Infallible Black. This one, I was not happy with at all right from the beginning. It seemed to be liquid-y enough and produced a nice black line. However, it smudged extremely fast and I had to escape to the bathroom numerous times per day to check if I don't look like I just cried my eyes out. After trying out various primers and eye shadows as a base, the smudging problem improved but the eye liner did not stay perfect for as long as I would like it to. Nevertheless, I was starting to get used to it. And then I lost it at a party. Great.

Which brings us to the third one, the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner. I was extremely excited about this one as I heard a lot of praise about it. However, right after the first few uses, I noticed that it was rather dry. I am still using it at the moment, but I need to dip it into warm water first. Then it applies nicely, however after a few hours it becomes grey.

At the moment, I am at the start again - looking for a new eye liner. Maybe I should try a liquid liner, not a felt tip pen? Or maybe I should just go back to Lancome. There are a few that interest me at the moment.

Écriture de Chanel // Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner // Lancome Liner Plume // Urban Decay Ink For Eyes

What is your favorite eyeliner? Is there any product that you've been struggling to find?





No comments :

Post a Comment