Wednesday 16 July 2014

Summer on my nails

Summer is a perfect time to make your nails pop and experiment with colors that you wouldn't otherwise wear during the year.

Brights for summer. What a surprise, right? No but really, these are my favorites - from left to right:

OPI on Collins Ave. - A red orange color that makes the nails pop.
Essie Haute in the Heat- A beautiful pink from the latest Essie collection.
Topshop Nails in Relapse
OPI Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot - A hot pink that's been my favorite for about two summers now! This photo makes the polish look slightly darker than it really is.



If your skin is pale then these colors that might look too neutral and won't stand out during the year - but during summer, light colored nails look great as they make a huge statement. Light blue, white and mint are the ones I'm loving the most!

From left to right:
Topshop Nails in Sweet Nothings 
Essie Blanc - White is a bit tricky to put on as it looks the best when your nails are shaped perfectly, but I think it looks amazing against tanned skin. 
Topshop Nails in Buff
Essie Truth or Flare - A darker blue than the ones from Topshop, which makes it suitable for other seasons as well.
Topshop Nails in Disclosed - A light mint, great for both spring and summer.

What about your summer nail polish favorites? Also, can you guess what my favorite nail polish brands are? I promise I'll broaden my horizons a bit!

1 comment :